VEHICLES THAT ARE BUILT TO LAST, NOT JUST TO PASS.
The Automotive Technician performs all aspects of new vehicle conversion to include (but not limited to) installation of emergency warning devices, electronics, custom fabricated items such as consoles and cabinetry, wire harnesses and more. Position is part-time/ full-time.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Perform daily checklist tasks in effort to manufacture vehicles to the company and customer’s satisfaction.
- Perform tactical skills such as fabrication, vehicle automotive wiring and technical troubleshooting as it pertains to all aspects of vehicle production. Such task offered for example but not limited to cutting body sides for lighting, fabricating, and running harnesses under vehicle, molding, and shaping items for custom fit, painting and commercial coatings, installation of external accessories, wiring and hookup of electrical items, detailing and cleaning of vehicle, testing and troubleshooting vehicle performance, support and maintenance.
- Assist customers and other employees with service and troubleshooting work pertaining to emergency vehicle repairs.
- Execute all daily tasks with safety and quality in mind to produce consistence results for the company.
- Keep work area and shop clean and free from debris and hazards.
- Operation of equipment only after proper training and with due regard for safety.
- Perform other various company improvement projects at the request of the Shop Manager.
- Assist in the development of the products and services offered by the company.
- High School diploma or GED with experience or vocational/college education.
- Electrical 12DC and 120AC (1 year experience)
- Experience in modifications of vehicles (Stereo installs, adding lights, lifts, Plows)
- Mechanic Background is a plus
- Basic understanding of manufacturing process
- Ability to perform assembly and installation work using assembly, jigs, fixtures, test equipment, precision measuring instruments, and mechanics hand tools
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player
- Attention to detail and customer focused.
- Standing for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours (or more) per day.
- Frequent lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
- Work area may have florescent lighting and include non-conditioned workspace (shop no A/C).
- Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- Exposure to some chemical fumes, vehicle exhaust and airborne particulate matter.
- Fast-spaced environment with ability to quickly adapt to changing needs of customers.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.